Raspberry Angel Cake Recipe
Not only is this is a refreshing dessert, but it's virtually fat-free and has no cholesterol. Best of all, it's a special and delicious treat that comes together easily. -Sheri Erickson of Montrose, Iowa
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fold in extracts. Spoon two-thirds of the batter into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Add gelatin powder to remaining batter; drop by tablespoonfuls over batter in pan. Cut through with a knife to swirl.
- 2. Bake according to package directions. Immediately invert pan onto a wire rack; cool completely, about 1 hour. Carefully run a knife around sides of pan to remove cake. Cut into slices.
- 3. Combine raspberries and sugar; serve over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 155 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC