- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fold in extracts. Spoon two-thirds of the batter into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Add gelatin powder to remaining batter; drop by tablespoonfuls over batter in pan. Cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Bake according to package directions. Immediately invert pan onto a wire rack; cool completely, about 1 hour. Carefully run a knife around sides of pan to remove cake. Cut into slices.
- Combine raspberries and sugar; serve over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Angel Cake
Sort By :
This is a very easy recipe that looks nice, and will please almost anyone! It is sweet and refreshing!
My two year old twin boys devoured the cake, with whipped cream of course!
Did you Pam the pan or butter it? If you did, don't. That's my only thought. I've made this cake at least a dozen times and I've never had a problem.
Can anyone tell me why my cake fell out of the angel food cake pan when I turned it upside down? This happened about 5 minutes after I turned it upside down. Then it collapsed after it came out of the pan.
Tasted good, but didn't look so great.
My guest found the cake delightful. They particularly found the sauce the best ever. I followed the receipe but added 2 tablespoons of Chambord liquer which added flavor.