Raspberry Almond Tart Recipe
This delicious torte is a longtime family tradition for the holidays. It's one of my sister's favorites, and she's a professional pastry chef.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam, divided
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and 1/3 cup sugar; cut in 1/2 cup butter until crumbly. Beat 1 egg; add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened. Press dough evenly onto bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Spread 1/4 cup of jam over dough. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- 2. Meanwhile, cream remaining butter and sugar until light and fluffy; stir in almonds and extract. Add remaining eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; spoon filling over jam. Place tart pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Carefully remove sides from pan. Spread remaining jam on top. Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over the top. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 367 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC