- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam, divided
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and 1/3 cup sugar; cut in 1/2 cup butter until crumbly. Beat 1 egg; add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened. Press dough evenly onto bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Spread 1/4 cup of jam over dough. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, cream remaining butter and sugar until light and fluffy; stir in almonds and extract. Add remaining eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; spoon filling over jam. Place tart pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Carefully remove sides from pan. Spread remaining jam on top. Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over the top. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Almond Tart in Country December/January 1993, p51
Reviews for Raspberry Almond Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review