- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam, divided
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and 1/3 cup sugar; cut in 1/2 cup butter until crumbly. Beat 1 egg; add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened. Press dough evenly onto bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Spread 1/4 cup of jam over dough. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, cream remaining butter and sugar until light and fluffy; stir in almonds and extract. Add remaining eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; spoon filling over jam. Place tart pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Carefully remove sides from pan. Spread remaining jam on top. Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over the top. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Almond Tart
Sort By :
"I had the privilege of helping with the 2015 Taste Of Home Cooking School in Huntsville with Michelle "Red" Roberts. We made this and it was really good. So pretty."
"I've been making this recipe for about 30 years. It is always a huge favorite. I recommend whipping the almond mixture up in a food processor and folding in whipped eggs for a very fluffy mixture. Yum."