Raspberry Almond Strips
Get ready to pour yourself a cup of tea, because you won’t be able to resist sampling one of these cookies. Almonds add taste and texture to the simple strips that are dressed up with raspberry pie filling.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons raspberry cake and pastry filling
- OPTIONAL ICING:
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat cookie dough, flour
- and almonds until blended. Roll into a 13-1/2x2-in. rectangle on an
- ungreased baking sheet.
- Using a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/4-in.-deep indentation
- lengthwise down center of rectangle. Bake 5 minutes.
- Spoon raspberry filling into indentation. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or
- until cookie is golden brown. Cool on pan 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan to a cutting board; cut crosswise into 16 slices.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. If desired, in a small bowl, mix
- remaining ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cookies.
- Yield: 16 cookies.