Raspberry Almond Strips Recipe
Get ready to pour yourself a cup of tea, because you won’t be able to resist sampling one of these cookies. Almonds add taste and texture to the simple strips that are dressed up with raspberry pie filling.
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons raspberry cake and pastry filling
- OPTIONAL ICING:
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat cookie dough, flour and almonds until blended. Roll into a 13-1/2x2-in. rectangle on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Using a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/4-in.-deep indentation lengthwise down center of rectangle. Bake 5 minutes.
- Spoon raspberry filling into indentation. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until cookie is golden brown. Cool on pan 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan to a cutting board; cut crosswise into 16 slices. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. If desired, in a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cookies. Yield: 16 cookies.
Originally published as Raspberry Almond Strips in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p20
Reviews for Raspberry Almond Strips(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2011
These are very good. Just don't make the indentation too deep or they will split in halves.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >