- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons raspberry cake and pastry filling
- OPTIONAL ICING:
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat cookie dough, flour and almonds until blended. Roll into a 13-1/2x2-in. rectangle on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Using a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/4-in.-deep indentation lengthwise down center of rectangle. Bake 5 minutes.
- Spoon raspberry filling into indentation. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until cookie is golden brown. Cool on pan 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan to a cutting board; cut crosswise into 16 slices. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. If desired, in a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cookies. Yield: 16 cookies.
Originally published as Raspberry Almond Strips in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p20
Reviews for Raspberry Almond Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2011
"These are very good. Just don't make the indentation too deep or they will split in halves."