Gloria Warczak of Cederburg,Wisconsin. "With a whipped cream, almond and raspberry filling, the lovely swirled slices taste as good as they look."
Recommended: 25 Magical Harry Potter-Inspired Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 cups slivered almonds, toasted and divided
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Grease paper; set aside.
- Beat eggs 3 minutes. Gradually add granulated sugar; beat until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored, about 2 minutes. Stir in water, 1 teaspoon almond extract and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients; fold into egg mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake until cake springs back when lightly touched, 12-15 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat cream, confectioners' sugar and remaining extracts until soft peaks form. Refrigerate half of the whipped cream. Chop 1 cup almonds; fold into remaining cream. Unroll cake; spread with jam to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with almond mixture.
- Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Frost top, sides and ends with remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate, covered, about 1 hour. Top with remaining almonds; serve, if desired, with raspberries and mint. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry-Almond Jelly Roll in Country Woman January/February 2001, p40
Reviews forRaspberry-Almond Jelly Roll
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2011
"Lovely and delicious. Plan to make again for Valentine's Day. Will add some fresh berries with the jam to brighten the flavor. Always get recipe requests when I serve this."