My flaky, two-bite crescent cookies are sensational treats. Filled with raspberry preserves, coconut and almonds, they might remind you of rugelach.—Kelly Williams, Forked River, NJ
Featured In: 30 Recipes for Valentine's Day Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Coarse sugar
- Place flour in a large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk egg yolk, sour cream and vanilla until smooth; stir into flour mixture.
- Divide dough into four portions. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix raspberry jam, coconut, almonds and extract until blended. On a well-sugared surface, roll each portion of dough into a 10-in. circle. Spread about 1/3 cup filling over circles. Cut each into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, point side down; curve to form crescents. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry-Almond Crescent Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p27
Reviews forRaspberry-Almond Crescent Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review