Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake Recipe
Coffee and cake are like a wink and a smile - you'll take one without the other but given the choice, you want the pair. Raspberries and almonds lift this coffee cake to a tart and nutty place. The recipe doubles easily in a 9x13 pan to accommodate all those wanting a little bit more. —Debbie Johnson, Centertown, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine raspberries and brown sugar; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg, sour cream, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Spoon half of batter into a greased and floured 8-in. round baking pan. Top with raspberry mixture. Spoon remaining batter over raspberries; sprinkle with almonds.
- 4. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients; drizzle over coffee cake. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 226 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC