Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine raspberries and brown sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg, sour cream, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon half of batter into a greased and floured 8-in. round baking pan. Top with raspberry mixture. Spoon remaining batter over raspberries; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients; drizzle over coffee cake. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"I baked for 30 min and i thouhjt it was kind of dry. I thought the flavor was okay, The dough iis difficult to spread too."
"I wound up throwing this out. It tasted like a biscuit with fruit. The dough was also very hard to spread out. If I wanted biscuits, I would have made biscuits. Will never make this again."
"I Almost threw the batter away when I saw how thick it was. Like playdough, so I added enough milk to loosen mixture to a cake batter consistancy. Worked great! Tasted great, not too sweet."
"Made this for Mother's day brunch but unfortunately can't rate it because the dog ate it off the counter! She seemed to think it was very delicious :)"
"Exceptional! This coffee cake was delicious and I can't wait to make it again!"