This fruity coffee cake is an awesome brunch treat. If you can’t find raspberries, try blueberries or strawberries. —Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, applesauce, butter and extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in raspberries.
- Transfer batter to a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry-Almond Coffee Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p83
Reviews for Raspberry-Almond Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review