Raspberry Almond Bars
A pan of these thick bars makes a pretty presentation at any gathering. Almond extract is a nice complement to the buttery crust.
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 jar (12 ounces) raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- extract. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the
- creamed mixture and mix well.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. With a moistened
- finger, make diagonal indentations every 2 in. in both directions,
- about 1/3 in. deep.
- Fill indentations with jam. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 224 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.