Raspberry Almond Bars Recipe
A pan of these thick bars makes a pretty presentation at any gathering. Almond extract is a nice complement to the buttery crust.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 jar (12 ounces) raspberry jam
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. With a moistened finger, make diagonal indentations every 2 in. in both directions, about 1/3 in. deep.
- 3. Fill indentations with jam. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 each: 224 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Almond Bars
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC