- For crust, in a small bowl, mix flour and sugar. Cut in butter until
- crumbly. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking
- sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire
- rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until
- smooth. Beat in cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just
- until blended. Stir in cooled chocolate. Pour half of the mixture
- over crust. Spread with half of the raspberry puree. Top with
- remaining batter. Drop remaining puree by tablespoonfuls over top.
- Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water
- to larger pan. Bake 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until edge of cheesecake is
- set and golden. (Center of cheesecake will jiggle when moved.)
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire
- rack for 10 minutes. Loosen cheesecake from pan with a knife; remove
- foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove rim from
- pan. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 570 calories, 41 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.