Raspberry & White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
My mom makes this cheesecake a lot because it's so good and really pretty. She calls it a "go-to" recipe. Someday I'll try to make it myself. —Charlotte Roos, Minneapolis, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + chilling YIELD:16 servings
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1. In a small saucepan, mix raspberries and cornstarch until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Press through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard seeds. Cool completely.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9x3-in. deep springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- 3. For crust, in a small bowl, mix flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- 4. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Stir in cooled chocolate. Pour half of the mixture over crust. Spread with half of the raspberry puree. Top with remaining batter. Drop remaining puree by tablespoonfuls over top. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 5. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until edge of cheesecake is set and golden. (Center of cheesecake will jiggle when moved.) Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen cheesecake from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove rim from pan. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 570 calories, 41 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC