Raspberry & Rosemary Sundaes
“When my rosemary bush overtook my herb garden one summer, I created these surprising sundaes for grown-ups. The rosemary goes beautifully with the fresh raspberries and peach ice cream. However, you can substitute any flavor of ice cream you’d like.” —Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups peach ice cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the raspberries, sugar,
- vinegar and rosemary in butter until heated through. Drizzle sauce
- over ice cream; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup ice cream with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 202 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.