- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 5 to 8 drops food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons whole pink peppercorns, crushed
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar and salt; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Beat in extract and food coloring if desired.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a large star tip. Fill bag with egg white mixture. Pipe 1-1/4-in.-diameter cookies onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until set and dry. (Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour.) Remove to wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with peppercorns. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry & Pink Peppercorn Meringues
Sort By :
Could never get stiff peaks to form. Will no make again.
I haven't made these yet but I just hvae to say these are SO pretty!!
Pink peppercorns have a uniquely pungent and slightly sweet flavor. You can find them on-line and in many of the finer spice isles.
I can't even find sugar crystals where I live. Only already tinted very expensive ones.
I came to the site to read the reviews, and there aren't any!!!