A classic meringue has been updated with the subtle flavor of raspberry, a drizzle of chocolate and a sprinkling of pink peppercorn. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 5 to 8 drops food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons whole pink peppercorns, crushed
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar and salt; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Beat in extract and food coloring if desired.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a large star tip. Fill bag with egg white mixture. Pipe 1-1/4-in.-diameter cookies onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until set and dry. (Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour.) Remove to wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with peppercorns. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry & Pink Peppercorn Meringues in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p114
Reviews for Raspberry & Pink Peppercorn Meringues
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review