Raspberries with White Chocolate Sauce and Sugared Almonds
With just a handful of ingredients you can make a stunning dessert. The white chocolate ganache lightly coats the bright raspberries. Both my daughter and I enjoy this fabulous treat.—Cheryl Landers, LaTour, Missouri
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- In a small heavy skillet, cook almonds over medium heat until
- toasted, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar; cook and stir for 2-4
- minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over
- chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in orange extract. Refrigerate
- until chilled.
- To serve, divide raspberries among six martini glasses or dessert
- dishes. Top each with sauce; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 354 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.