Rapid Raspberry Torte
I always have the ingredients for this torte on hand so I can make this dessert at a moment's notice. Whipped cream and lemon pudding are combined in the fluffy topping for this yummy pound cake that's layered with raspberry jam.Ruth Peterson, Jenison, Michigan
7-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 snack-size cups (3-1/2 ounces each) lemon pudding
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam, divided
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners'
- sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Place pudding in a bowl; fold in
- whipped cream.
- Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a
- serving plate; top with half the jam. Repeat layers. Top with third
- cake layer. Cut into slices; dollop with pudding mixture.
- Yield: 7-10 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Hunt's Snack Pack lemon pudding.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 234 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.