- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, cereal and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Ranger Cookies
Sort By :
"These were the best cookies I have had in a long time, they are very tasty and you can't just each one. My friends really liked them............"
"Love the chewy, coco-nutty goodness of these! Makes so many I cut recipe in half. Used coconut extract this time around. MMMMMM...."
"I was a little worried about these cookies because of the one bad review. They turned out great! I rolled them in small balls and flattened them before baking them for 11minutes. Delicious!"
"The cookie crumbs taste good, but good luck getting a nice cookie. I am a grandma and have made a lot of cookies, but this was a disaster. The dough needs more oats or flour it is too loose. GREASE your cookie sheets or plan to use a chisel to get them off and a power sander to clean them. This is a frustrating cookie."
"With a bit of tweaking, these were delicious. I added 2 extra eggs for a total of 4, 1 cup chopped walnuts and tsp. almond to this recipe."