Ranchero Supper Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions and sour cream, optional
- 7 cups tortilla chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the baked beans, corn, barbecue sauce, ketchup and mustard; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese; cook until melted.
- 2. Garnish with onions and sour cream if desired. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 511 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 947mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 8g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Ranchero Supper
"My picky husband and increasingly picky 4 year old ate this up with no complaints. A huge hit!"
"Very easy and yummy. Makes a great quick and filling meal for weeknights."
"I was a little skeptical of the bbq sauce in the mix, that it wouldn't be a good topping for something on nachos. Boy, was I wrong! Great dish, just a hint of sweetness. Loved the baked bean texture. Kids thought it was a fun dinner dish. We served with chopped green onions, shredded cheese, sour cream and cilantro. Would make again!"
"Quick, easy & delicious! Perfect for a busy night!"
"I liked how easy this recipe is and my family really enjoyed it. I used frozen corn instead of the can of corn. I might reduce the amount of BBQ sauce next time because my husband doesn't care for the taste of it."
"This is one of the recipes my daughter is taking with her when she goes off to college. It's easy, inexpensive and very tasty. Leftovers can be added to an omelet or a quesadilla. To reduce calories I used frozen corn (1 cup), low fat cheese, low fat sour cream, and low fat baked chips."
"I used creamed corn, 1lb beef, and the honey baked beans. My family (my husband, me, our 3 year old & 5 year old) LOVED it."
"I have been making this meal regularly for years. It's different and we think it's really good. I don' use the whole can of corn. I use frozen corn or 1/2 can of corn."