"This hearty dish is quick and easy to fix after a busy workday," writes Karen Roberts, Lawrence, Kansas. "We like to use hickory and bacon baked beans and serve it with fruit or a green salad for a complete meal," she recommends. The handy skillet supper is a bargain at only 98¢ per helping.
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions and sour cream, optional
- 7 cups tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the baked beans, corn, barbecue sauce, ketchup and
- mustard; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese; cook until melted.
- Garnish with onions and sour cream if desired. Serve with tortilla
- chips. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 511 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 947 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 30 g protein.