Ranchero Soup Recipe
“Packed with garden-fresh veggies, this ‘vitamin soup’ goes with just about any grilled meat, fish or fowl,” Leah Lyon of Ada, Oklahoma notes. “Carrots and fire-roasted tomatoes add great color, but the variations are almost endless. Just toss in whatever you have in the garden or fridge!”
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 celery ribs
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 poblano pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. Brush the onion, celery, zucchini and peppers with oil. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tons, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill vegetables, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until tender (pepper skins will char).
- 2. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin. Coarsely chop grilled vegetables.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, broth and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Stir in grilled vegetables, rice and lemon-pepper; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1-1/4 cup: 99 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 623mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 2 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Ranchero Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC