- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 celery ribs
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 poblano pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Brush the onion, celery, zucchini and peppers with oil. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tons, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill vegetables, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until tender (pepper skins will char).
- Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin. Coarsely chop grilled vegetables.
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, broth and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Stir in grilled vegetables, rice and lemon-pepper; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Ranchero Soup in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p7
Reviews for Ranchero Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review