- 2 dried ancho chilies
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 beef flat iron steak or top sirloin steak (1 pound)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup torn romaine
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Place chilies in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain. Remove the stems, seeds and skins. Finely chop and place in a small bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and honey; set aside.
- Season steak with salt and pepper to taste. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Spread 3 tablespoons of ancho mayonnaise over each tortilla. Thinly slice steak across the grain; divide evenly among tortillas. Top with avocado, cheese, romaine, tomatoes and onion. Roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ranchero Grilled Steak Wraps in Taste of Home Fall 2012
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Ranchero Grilled Steak Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review