- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 6 to 8 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in salad dressing mix until smooth. Add peas and carrots; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Drain pasta and add to skillet. Stir in turkey; cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ranch Turkey Pasta Dinner
"This is from the old Jan/Feb 2004 quick Cooking and is a good one. I use a packet of dry Butter Buds reconstituted in 1/2 cup chicken broth instead of the butter and a frozen corn and black bean mix for the vegetables as some in my family don't care for green peas. I increase the vegetables to 3 cups and decrease the turkey or chicken to 2 cups. The fat goes way down to about 6 grams per serving and the calories to less than 350. Serve it with a green salad and crusty bread, for those who need it, and it is a very quick, substantial meal."