Ranch Tortilla Roll-Ups
In Berlin, Pennsylvania, Karen Thomas curbs hunger in a hurry. "These zest roll-ups are great as picnic nibbles, dinner appetizers and football party munchies," she notes. "When my husband's co-workers at the state patrol come over for meals, they admit 'low-fat' can be delicious."
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, salad dressing mix,
- jalapenos and pimientos. Spread over tortillas.
- Roll up tightly; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least
- 1 hour. Unwrap and cut each tortilla into eight pieces. Yield: 16
Nutritional Facts: One serving (4 pieces) equals 106 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.