My family prefers oven-fried chicken to the deep-fried variety. Creamy ranch dressing makes this wonderfully crunchy chicken tender and juicy.
3-4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine crumbs,
- Parmesan cheese, cornmeal and Italian seasoning. Dip chicken in
- salad dressing, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 3-4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 478 calories, 31 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.