- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine crumbs, Parmesan cheese, cornmeal and Italian seasoning. Dip chicken in salad dressing, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ranch-Style Thighs(6)
Sort By :
Very good & easy. We enjoyed this recipe. I doubled it so we would have leftovers. Also used boneless thighs as that's what I had on hand.
This recipe is a winner! Excellent flavor and melt-in-your-mouth juicy chicken! My oven-baked chicken always seems to come out dry, but not with this recipe. And I love that I don't have to eat the skin to get most of the flavor.
Yummm! So easy and delicious. I didn't have any cornmeal so I just used italian seasoned bread crumbs and added some more seasoning to it. My husband loved it! Said it was the best chicken he's had in along time!
This was fast and easy to make and the coating was very tasty. I always appreciate recipes that use ingredients that I have on hand.
Definitely a keeper! These leg pieces came out tender on the inside, crispy and flavorful on the outside. I really appreciate how this recipe uses ingredients I almost always have on hand. Easy to prepare and throw in the oven on a busy day. I put the Parmesan cheese in with the ranch dressing by mistake, but it still came out great -- maybe even a little crispier on the coating. I think you could easily use plain mayonnaise as your dip and add powdered ranch dressing dip to the breading to make this even easier -- or make up some of the breading mix ahead and keep on hand.