Ranch salad dressing mix gives this quiche a slight tang. I make it every year on Christmas morning for my husband and me.Denise Anderson, Seattle, Washington
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked and cooled
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Sprinkle cheese into pastry shell. In a bowl, whisk eggs until foamy.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Pour over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at
- 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Cover edges with
- foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 353 calories, 28 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.