“We use our grill all year, and this recipe is quick and easy enough for busy weeknights,” writes Kathleen Dougherty from Williamsville, Illinois. Her hefty burgers make a nice alternative to ground beef, and the ranch dressing punches up the flavor.
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the pork, dressing mix, onion and pepper. Shape into two patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Top each patty with a cheese slice; cover and grill just until cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ranch-Style Pork Burgers in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p53
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ranch-Style Pork Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review