Looking for a low-fat dressing for salads without the preservatives of already-prepared varieties? Then this recipe is for you. It's a creamy topping for any crispy greens. You'll want to keep plenty on hand...it disappears quickly!—Sheree Feero, Golden, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion tops
- In a blender or food processor, blend cottage cheese, milk, vinegar
- and garlic until smooth. Add onion tops; blend just until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 23 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Free Food.