Ranch-Style Baked Lentils Recipe
- 2 cups dried lentils (4 cups cooked)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Rinse the lentils. In a heavy saucepan, bring lentils, salt and 4 cups water to a boil. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook beef over medium heat in a skillet until meat is no longer pink. Drain excess fat. Stir in soup mix, ketchup, mustard, vinegar and remaining water. Gently stir in lentils. Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Ranch-Style Baked Lentils
Sort By :
Wow. This dish is sooo good. We ate it all by itself and it was a hit. It tastes like you are eating meatloaf, but it's healthy. I will back off on the ketchup a bit because there is a lot in this recipe. Otherwise...it's really good.
I have made this dish many times in lieu of the usual baked beans. It never fails to draw comments at gatherings and there are never any leftovers.