Ranch Stew Recipe
My husband, our five children and I have enjoyed this easy-to-make stew for years. We especially love the dumplings. Our bachelor son even makes it for himself! - Margaret Froehling, Wood Dale, Illinois
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, corn and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 508 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1,069 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Ranch Stew
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC