My husband, our five children and I have enjoyed this easy-to-make stew for years. We especially love the dumplings. Our bachelor son even makes it for himself! - Margaret Froehling, Wood Dale, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup Bisquick® mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the beans, corn and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk just until moistened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cover and simmer for 12
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean
- (do not lift cover while simmering). Serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 508 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1,069 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 32 g protein.