- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, corn and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ranch Stew
"This is quick. However, without the modifications I made I feel it would be bland. I added some onion, garlic, and a very small amount of sugar when cooking the meat. I also sprinkled some cheese on top."
"This stew is like magic to me! So quick and easy and so hearty. A great fall/winter meal. I did find that I wanted it to be a little more flavorful, so I used a can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano (instead of just regular diced tomatoes) and added 1 beef bouillon OR 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules. It came out so good! Also, note that all the canned ingredients should be UN-drained. The entire contents of the cans get poured into the stew, so I make sure I buy them without preservatives or additives."
"this has no flavor what so ever I highly suggest that if you make this to alter it completely."
"tasty, easy, quick, ingredients on hand"