My husband, our five children and I have enjoyed this easy-to-make stew for years. We especially love the dumplings. Our bachelor son even makes it for himself! - Margaret Froehling, Wood Dale, Illinois
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, corn and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ranch Stew in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p134
Reviews for Ranch Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review