Ranch Spread Snowman Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Assorted decorations: small pitted ripe olives, pretzel sticks and sweet red and/or orange pepper
- Assorted crackers and fresh vegetables
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the dressing mix, mustard and garlic; mix well. Shape into two balls, one slightly larger than the other. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. On a serving plate, stack the small cheese ball on top of the larger ball to make a snowman.
- 3. Cut ends from olives to make small circles; attach to snowman for eyes and buttons. Insert pretzel sticks for arms. Cut top hat from pepper; place on top of snowman. Trim pepper to make a nose; insert into face. Serve with crackers and vegetables. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without decorations, crackers and vegetables) equals 122 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.