After sampling some homemade crackers from friends a few years ago, I was inspired to add some ranch salad dressing mix to my basic roll recipe. This recipe was the mouthwatering result.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 envelopes ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- CHEESE TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. Add honey; let stand 5 minutes. Add the oil, sugar, 1 egg, salad dressing mix, salt, dill, 1 cup flour and remaining water. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 12 pieces. Place in greased muffin cups. Beat the remaining egg; brush over dough. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over rolls. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Ranch Rolls in Best of Country Breads 2000, p64
Reviews for Ranch Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2014
"Sampled these at a get together. Have not yet made them, but they appear to be easy enough. They would probably be snatched up right away warm from oven."