- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (2.8 ounces) real bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (dressing will be thick). Drain potatoes and cut into cubes; add to the dressing and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Ranch Potato Salad
"This recipe is delicious! It's my favorite potato salad. It's gotten rave reviews every time I've contributed it to a shared meal. One person asked that I bring it again next time because it was so good.I find it works better to boil the potatoes the day before and refrigerate them overnight before adding the other ingredients. This also makes it easier with prep to just have to toss it together the day you plan to eat it. I also add green onions. I don't know how much, but probably a good half cup or a little more. Whatever looks good.This is a very small recipe. I always double it."
"This recipe is best with the larger bacon bits."
"Hubby prefers this over a straight Mayonnaise potato salad!"
"I used a 16 oz bottle of Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch. I also doubled the cheese and spices. I left the potatoes and bacon as indicated in the directions. This was sooo good! Will definitely make it again!"
"Really good! I used homemade ranch dressing, and about 5 slices of bacon. Some of our guests thought it needed a little salt, but I thought it was fine."
"I can't eat garlic but I can eat the rest.. I used Clover Valley Ranch dressing made with buttermilk, and the good brand bacon bits.. It was awesome, My husband said he could make a meal out of it without anything else to eat.. He just loved it!"
"This potato salad is nice when you have to put something together quickly!"
"I doubled this recipe for Thanksgiving. Everyone loved it. I used real bacon and crumbled it up. I used extra bacon to give and extra crunch. I do not like potato salad at all never have and I finally found one that doesnt have a mayo, mustard egg celery taste. This is quite different. I love it and am making it again this week. I have already passed the reciped to several family members who loved it. Tammy Pressnell Springfield Ohio"