- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (2.8 ounces) real bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (dressing will be thick). Drain potatoes and cut into cubes; add to the dressing and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Ranch Potato Salad
Sort By :
"I wanted to find an easy recipe for a potato salad with no mayo, and I found a keeper with this one! Sometimes I substitute cauliflower for the potatoes, so delish."
"This was a wonderful salad to bring to a family get together. It's a nice change of pace to the regular potato salad. I did add dry chives and replaced the store bought bacon bits for homemade. It was very easy to put together even the newest of cooks could make this and seem like a pro"
"Hubby prefers this over a straight Mayonnaise potato salad!"
"I used a 16 oz bottle of Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch. I also doubled the cheese and spices. I left the potatoes and bacon as indicated in the directions. This was sooo good! Will definitely make it again!"
"Really good! I used homemade ranch dressing, and about 5 slices of bacon. Some of our guests thought it needed a little salt, but I thought it was fine."