Ranch Potato Salad Recipe
Lynn Breunig of Wind Lake, Wisconsin jazzes up creamy potato salad with cheese, bacon and ranch salad dressing. "My sister asked for the recipe as soon as she tried it," she writes.
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (2.8 ounces) real bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (dressing will be thick). Drain potatoes and cut into cubes; add to the dressing and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 316 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC