- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (2.8 ounces) real bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (dressing will be thick). Drain potatoes and cut into cubes; add to the dressing and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Ranch Potato Salad
"This recipe is delicious! It's my favorite potato salad. It's gotten rave reviews every time I've contributed it to a shared meal. One person asked that I bring it again next time because it was so good.I find it works better to boil the potatoes the day before and refrigerate them overnight before adding the other ingredients. This also makes it easier with prep to just have to toss it together the day you plan to eat it. I also add green onions. I don't know how much, but probably a good half cup or a little more. Whatever looks good.This is a very small recipe. I always double it."
"This recipe is best with the larger bacon bits."
"I wanted to find an easy recipe for a potato salad with no mayo, and I found a keeper with this one! Sometimes I substitute cauliflower for the potatoes, so delish."
"This was a wonderful salad to bring to a family get together. It's a nice change of pace to the regular potato salad. I did add dry chives and replaced the store bought bacon bits for homemade. It was very easy to put together even the newest of cooks could make this and seem like a pro"
"Hubby prefers this over a straight Mayonnaise potato salad!"