Ranch Potato Casserole Recipe
- 6 to 8 medium red potatoes (about 2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch-style dressing
- 1/4 cup bacon bits or crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cook the potatoes until tender; quarter (leaving skins on if desired) and set aside.
- Combine the sour cream, dressing, bacon, parsley and 1 cup cheese. Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sour cream mixture over potatoes and gently toss. Top with 1/2 cup of cheese. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ranch Potato Casserole
Sort By :
"Sounds great! Wouldn't chopped chicken be great in it, too? A meal in one."
"This is delicious! I had left over baked potatoes and used them in place of the reds and added a chopped medium onion. I also doubled the ranch dressing and sour cream for a creamer casserole."
"This was pretty good. I think I'll try the topping next time with Ritz crackers, or maybe crushed potato chips for added potato/salty taste. I'll make this again."
"We have a real winner here! My husband and I both just loved it. Next time I'll make extra and take to my daughter. The bacon is a great addition and my entire family are ranch addicts, so what's not to like?"
"A delicious change of pace from my usual potato casserole. My family doesn't like a topping on potato casseroles so I left off the corn flakes and butter."