Ranch Potato Casserole Recipe
- 6 to 8 medium red potatoes (about 2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch-style dressing
- 1/4 cup bacon bits or crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cook the potatoes until tender; quarter (leaving skins on if desired) and set aside.
- Combine the sour cream, dressing, bacon, parsley and 1 cup cheese. Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sour cream mixture over potatoes and gently toss. Top with 1/2 cup of cheese. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ranch Potato Casserole(12)
Sort By :
This was very tasty and easy to prepare! I would prepare this again as a side dish - with the addition of a meat it could be a main dish. I made two substitutions to accommodate what I had on hand: in place of sour cream I used a little more ranch and some milk; in place of the corn flakes I used crushed tortilla chips. Good recipe!
Every liked this recipe. I used large potatoes instead of medium, so decided to double the other ingredients to make more sauce, which made the dish a little more creamy than pictured. Also very good a few days later as leftovers.
My family really liked this. I think next time I'll cut the cornflake topping in half, though. It reminds me of stuffed baked potatoes but in a casserole.
Everyone loved it, and I don't even like potatoes! I think this will make a great side dish to our easter ham this year!
made for christmas this year because everyone gets tired of mashed so I thought I would try this well I ended up tossing 3/4 away.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >