Ranch Potato Casserole Recipe
My daughter urged me to send in the recipe for this casserole. I make it often, and it's especially good in place of baked potatoes when you're having barbecued pork chops, steak of chicken. We operate a busy fruit farm. I cook every day for my family, so I appreciate this dish for another reason—I can put it together a day ahead and bake it just before we're ready to eat.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 6 to 8 medium red potatoes (about 2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch-style dressing
- 1/4 cup bacon bits or crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Cook the potatoes until tender; quarter (leaving skins on if desired) and set aside.
- 2. Combine the sour cream, dressing, bacon, parsley and 1 cup cheese. Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sour cream mixture over potatoes and gently toss. Top with 1/2 cup of cheese. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 329 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC