Ranch Potato Casserole Recipe
- 6 to 8 medium red potatoes (about 2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch-style dressing
- 1/4 cup bacon bits or crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cook the potatoes until tender; quarter (leaving skins on if desired) and set aside.
- Combine the sour cream, dressing, bacon, parsley and 1 cup cheese. Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sour cream mixture over potatoes and gently toss. Top with 1/2 cup of cheese. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ranch Potato Casserole
Sort By :
We have a real winner here! My husband and I both just loved it. Next time I'll make extra and take to my daughter. The bacon is a great addition and my entire family are ranch addicts, so what's not to like?
A delicious change of pace from my usual potato casserole. My family doesn't like a topping on potato casseroles so I left off the corn flakes and butter.
I've made this for several cook outs and parties and everybody just loved this! I think I always add a little extra Ranch dressing to this than what's called for but hey...It's Ranch dressing for petes sakes and who doesn't like Ranch dressing? Try it for your next gathering or simply for your evening meal at home. Your family will be glad you did!
This was very tasty and easy to prepare! I would prepare this again as a side dish - with the addition of a meat it could be a main dish. I made two substitutions to accommodate what I had on hand: in place of sour cream I used a little more ranch and some milk; in place of the corn flakes I used crushed tortilla chips. Good recipe!
Every liked this recipe. I used large potatoes instead of medium, so decided to double the other ingredients to make more sauce, which made the dish a little more creamy than pictured. Also very good a few days later as leftovers.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >