I sometimes substitute cream of chicken soup for the cream of mushroom. Even the "particular eaters" in my family love these potatoes.—Elaine Eavenson, Moselle, Massachusetts
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 8 to 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1-1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, salad dressing mix, 1 cup cheese, salt and pepper; pour over potatoes. Top with bacon and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Ranch Potatoes in Country Woman January/February 1999, p35
Reviews for Ranch Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2012
"This is good but it could use more ranch dressing. Next time I'll used 1 1/2 packages of ranch dressing. Instead of boiling the potatoes, I precooked them whole in the microwave. Saved in the dirty dishes department."