I sometimes substitute cream of chicken soup for the cream of mushroom. Even the "particular eaters" in my family love these potatoes.—Elaine Eavenson, Moselle, Massachusetts
- 8 to 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1-1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, salad dressing mix, 1 cup cheese, salt and pepper; pour over potatoes. Top with bacon and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Ranch Potatoes in Country Woman January/February 1999, p35
Reviews for Ranch Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review