Instead of the traditional sour cream base, this dip calls for French onion dip seasoned ranch salad dressing mix. Fresh mushrooms and tomatoes make each bite refreshingly different.— Barbara Harms, Valentine, Nebraska
Recommended: 55 Snacks for Your March Madness Party
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the first three ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread on a 12-in. or 14-in. serving plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Cool completely. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with tomato, cheese, onion, mushrooms and olives. Serve with chips. Yield: about 8 cups.
Originally published as Ranch Mushroom Dip in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p16
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Ranch Mushroom Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review