- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the milk, butter, dressing mix and seasonings; heat through. Stir in Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses until melted. Stir in sour cream.
- Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce with the saltines. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ranch Mac & Cheese
"This was easy to make and nice change from our regular Mac and cheese."
"Great recipe. I make plenty for potlucks, and if there are leftovers, I add some sausage for a quick meal. I don't use the saltines, and sometimes I turn it up a notch with jalapeno. That's also what is great...it is easy to tweak to your liking!"
"This was fantastic! Mac and cheese is one of my favorite comfort foods, and this is a great new twist on it. I would definitely make it again. Here is my blog post on it: http://heatskitchen.com/2015/12/13/ranch-mac-cheese/"
"I've made this recipe a few times and love it. The only alteration I make is that I use less crushed saltine crackers as I have found that it often soaks up too much of the cheese."
"This recipe has the potential to be great but it definitely needs some tweaking. Half an envelope of ranch, garlic powder, and no lemon pepper would fix nasty taste this dish left in my mouth. Honestly, it was gross. I should have read the reviews before making it."