Ranch Mac & Cheese
I came up with the recipe for this creamy and satisfying macaroni and cheese, which has a special twist. My husband requests it often - it's hearty enough to serve as a main dish.
-Michelle Rotunno, Independence, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven, combine the milk, butter, dressing mix and seasonings; heat
- through. Stir in Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses until melted. Stir
- in sour cream.
- Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce with the saltines. Sprinkle
- with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 488 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,357 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.