"The dough setting on my bread machine makes it easy to prepare fresh rolls in a variety of shapes," relates Nancy Whitney of Seattle, Washington. "We especially like these hamburger buns that are golden, tender and flavorful."
Featured In: 28 Favorite Lunch Box Ideas
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- EGG WASH:
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Poppy seeds or sesame seeds, optional
- In bread machine pan, place the first 10 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly greased surface. Cut into 12 pieces; shape each into a round ball. Place in greased jumbo muffin cups or 4-1/2-in. disposable aluminum foil pans. (If using foil pans, place on two baking sheets.)
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together egg and water. Brush over buns; sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Ranch Hamburger Buns in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p59
Reviews for Ranch Hamburger Buns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2008
"I can't print this,how come?"