- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- EGG WASH:
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Poppy seeds or sesame seeds, optional
- In bread machine pan, place the first 10 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly greased surface. Cut into 12 pieces; shape each into a round ball. Place in greased jumbo muffin cups or 4-1/2-in. disposable aluminum foil pans. (If using foil pans, place on two baking sheets.)
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together egg and water. Brush over buns; sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Ranch Hamburger Buns in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p59
Reviews for Ranch Hamburger Buns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2008
"I can't print this,how come?"