Ranch Ham 'N' Cheese Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 envelopes (1 ounce each) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a Dutch oven, combine the next seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted and mixture begins to thicken. Reduce heat; fold in sour cream until blended.
- 2. Add the ham, cracker crumbs and pasta; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with McCormick garlic pepper.
1 cup: 440 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 1337mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Ranch Ham 'N' Cheese Pasta
"This was not too bad. I didn't have the lemon-pepper or garlic pepper seasoning, so I improvised, but other than that everything was the same. The texture of the sauce was a little too thick for my family."
"This is one of the best recipes from TOH that I have ever made. I made it for the first time years ago and my whole family loves it. My husband gets excited when I make it. Next time I make it, I would like to try it with chicken. Highly recommend."